ActioNet Supports Kids In Distressed Situations (K.I.D.S.)

December 27, 2010

ActioNet collected and donated a truckload of children’s clothes, books and toys to the Kids In Distressed Situations (K.I.D.S.) campaign.  K.I.D.S. is a non-profit organization that donates children’s clothes, toys, books and juvenile products to children  both in the U.S. and abroad.  The donations are given to children in poverty, in crisis situations such as illness or abuse, and those who are struck by unforeseen disasters.  The difference between the K.I.D.S. organization and other non-profits distributing clothing to children in poverty are:

  1. K.I.D.S. donates only NEW clothes, shoes, books, and toys.  This is incredible for a child’s self-esteem, especially a child who is battling poverty at the same time as dealing with peer pressure;

  2. They donate mainly to the children in the United States.  85% of the donations go to children living in poverty in the US, the remaining 15% go to children abroad; and

  3. K.I.D.S. capacity-building programs for at-risk youth (0-18 yrs) and their families address poverty, literacy, domestic violence, homelessness, child safety, illness, incarceration, disaster relief, and youth development.  All disaster relief efforts are coordinated with local, state and federal agencies, and national disaster relief networks.  Recipient agencies augmented or supported by K.I.D.S. are homeless shelters, domestic violence shelters, food banks, hospitals, community centers, prisoner rehabilitation centers, HIV/AIDS clinics, Indian reservations, school systems, day cares, youth clubs, foster homes and faith-based organizations.

Collection boxes were set-up at ActioNet’s Headquarters location where donations where accepted November 29th through December 10th, 2010.   On Monday, December 13th the three boxes of collected donations were picked-up by Kids Konnection a non-profit organization reaching children in housing projects in the Metropolitan area.

 “It’s about one gift, to one child at a time that builds hope, self-esteem and an opportunity to succeed.

ActioNet Collection

ActioNet Collection

Michelle Barnes

Picking Up

Truck